Semantic versionning guidelines
Before merging your contribution to an openfisca package, you are required to increment the version of this package.
The semantic versionning convention, applied here, requires you to:
Given a version number MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH, increment the:
MAJOR version when you make incompatible API changes,
MINOR version when you add functionality in a backwards-compatible manner, and
PATCH version when you make backwards-compatible bug fixes.
It is thus crucial to determine whether your changes are backwards-compatible. If, during a hackathon, a contributor has written a reform to Openfisca, would this reform still work after adding your changes ?
Examples in Openfisca context
Country package (e.g. openfisca-france)
- Correcting an error in a formula.
- Correcting the value of a parameter.
- Introducing a new formula.
- Introducing a parameter.
- Renaming or deprecating a variable.
- Changing the default value of a variable.
- Deprecating a parameter.
- Changing the sctructure of the parameter tree.